24 samples = 1 run:
Replicates of the samples we've already done: MIV competence induction at t=0, t=10, t=30 and t=100:
- 1 x KW20,
- 1 x sxy-,
- 2 x ∆HI0659,
- 2 x ∆HI0660.
- KW20 in late-log (time of max 'spontaneous' competence)
- KW20 in log phase + hydroxyurea: t=0, t=30? t=60?
- HI0659/0660 double mutant, in MIV at t=0 (= log phase) and t=???
- murE749 mutant in log phase growth and stationary phase
- Other hypercompetence mutants: murE750, 751, 752? in log phase growth
- mystery hypercompetence mutant RR753 or backcross, in log phase and late-log?
- KW20 in log phase growth as control (duplicating earlier MIV t=0?)
- gcvA mutant in MIV? or in murE749 background in log phase?
- ∆hfq mutant in MIV? in log phase too.
- purR? purH, crp? cya?
- Cells in MIV + AMP.