Field of Science

Getting organized

Yesterday I wrote an outline for the simulation section of our US-variation manuscript, based what I could remember about the new simulations I ran while I was traveling, and sent it to my co-author. Then I started going through all these simulations to figure out exactly what I had actually done and learned.

I printed out some blank table sheets and filled in a line for each run, listing the key settings and the results (US score, had the genome reached equilibrium). There were about 45 runs, but I'd been sensible enough to keep the related ones together and delete all the false starts so it only took me a couple of hours to sort them all out. Now (once I hear back from my co-author), I need to decide where the gaps are and what replicates are needed, and start queueing the runs on the new server.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Markup Key:
- <b>bold</b> = bold
- <i>italic</i> = italic
- <a href="">FoS</a> = FoS