I spent yesterday continuing to sort out the Results section of our paper about how uptake sequences affect proteomes.
Because we've changed the order of topics several times, each time renumbering the new versions of the figures, the data files and figure files are a big mess. For example, data for one figure is in files variously named "Fig. 3", Fig. 5, "Fig. 6". "altFig5" ... you get the picture. The additional complication that I and my collaborator are on different sides of the continent has been mitigated by having a Google-Groups page where we have posted the recent files, albeit under a variety of names and figure-number attributions.
But now I have the Results in what I hope will be their final order. To keep the files straight I've created a folder for each section (Results-A, Results-B, etc) and put the associated data and figure files into it. (Previously I just had one folder for data and another for figures.) I'm hoping that this will let us keep the files together even if we do change the order of the sections.
Today it's checking over the Methods section (written by my collaborator - so should be fine) and the as-yet almost nonexistent Discussion (needs to be written by me).
An open letter to my fellow industry scientists: Why the March for Science must be led by us
1 hour ago in The Curious Wavefunction