Field of Science

Paper progress

Yesterday we sent the revised and we hope finalized version back to the journal editor. The requested revisions were minor and we did them all (the first-author post-doc did them all), so we expect the manuscript to be accepted.

And I posted the latest draft of the manuscript about uptake sequences in bacterial proteomes onto the Google site my collaborator had set up for file sharing. This site is a nice tool for collaboration. Before we were emailing versions of figures back and forth, so that when I needed a file I'd have to search for the appropriate version on my computer, (and later discover that I had the wrong version). But now the versions are all available in one place on this site, so I can easily tell which is the one I want. (Yes, I could have/should have just sorted the emailed files into the right folders when they arrived on my computer. I did try to do this but I still wound up with a mess.)

Today the post-docs and I meet to begin our discussion of the old H. influenzae transformation literature (papers pre-1970 this time). And I'll try to find time to check the concentrations of our new RNA preps and run them in a gel to check quality; the collaborating lab would like to have them by Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Markup Key:
- <b>bold</b> = bold
- <i>italic</i> = italic
- <a href="">FoS</a> = FoS