The long gestation period of our sxy manuscript is finally over. It's been accepted, we sent in the signed open access forms, and yesterday we sent our corrections to the proofs back to the copy editors. So it should appear soon on the Advance Access page of Nucleic Acids Research.
This first results reported by this paper (the existence of sxy mutations that might cause hypercompetence by disrupting base pairing in sxy mRNA) were generated about 12 years ago. If we'd properly gotten our act together we could have published a less thorough analysis a long time ago. But we didn't, for various reasons, and I'm happy they're finally appearing in such a fine paper.
Don't do this: 150 medical practices that all fail, especially acupuncture
16 hours ago in Genomics, Medicine, and Pseudoscience